LEXIS AND STRUCTURE
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
1. The lion ......... under the tree waiting for its prey
2. I wish Ato ........come to see us tomorrow
3. It's high time we ...........the items out.
4. This amount is all .........I have on me.
5. The harder you study, ........your chance of success.
6. Please, I would rather you ..........not disturb me
7. That pair of trousers is worn ............
8. Atsu is looking forward to ..........his friends at the party.
9. The minister is my ..........brother.
10. We have .........sugar, so we cannot have breakfast
11. I wouldn't say this to .......
12. This vase is made ............glass.
13. Mrs. Akwei is blind .........the faults of her children.
14. Shika was absent yesterday, .........?
15. Come and see me tomorrow, ........... you?
16. If Kofi had studied hard, he ...........his examination.
17. The boy likes his ..........dog.
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in each sentence.
18. The radio is a very potent means of communication.
19. Benjamin deserves the prize because he is industrious.
20. Farming is lucrative.
21. The recklessness of the driver caused the woman's death.
22. The doctors have been discussing the shortage of nurses.
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one that best explains the underlined group of words.
23. Adzo takes after her mother. This means that Adzo
24. Board members are paid five Ghana Cedis a day across the board. This means that
25. Advise Peter not to poke his nose into my affair.
26. During the lecture, Sarfo was miles away. This means that Sarfo
27. Ato was at his wits' end. This means that Ato
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence
28. We are surprised at her hostility to us.
29. She timidly faced her accusers.
30. The minister is sincere in his promise.
31. The flag was hoisted during the golden jubilee celebration.
32. Transparent ballot boxes are used in elections.
From the options lettered A to D, choose the one that correctly answers each question or completes the Sentence
33. The sequence of events in a play is the
34. An address directed at oneself is known as
Read the following extract carefully and answer questions 35 to 37
'O incomprehensible God!
Shall my pilot be
My inborn stars to that
Final call to thee'?
35. The poem is a kind of
36. The theme of the above extract is
37. Which of the following expressions from the extract suggests the theme above?
38. The main character in a play or a novel is called
39. The conversation between two characters is known as
40. Miming refers to