1. The S.I unit of temperature is
2. Air is an example of
3. Which of the following activities are involved in the rearing of tilapia?
I. Feeding of fish
II. Pond stocking
III. Pest control
4. The part of the flower that contains nectar is called
5. Which of the following methods protects pure iron from rusting by coating with zinc?
6. Leaching of nutrients from the soil leads to soil
7. The hereditary material that is passed on from parents to offspring is known as
8. The solar system is made up of the
9. The type of management system which allows farm animals to roam about freely is known as
10. External respiration in living organisms is also known as
11. A rigid bar which is capable of turning about a fixed point is a / an
12. A positively charged ion is called
13. One way of ensuring that organisms are not endangered is to
14. A good thermometric liquid must
15. Which of the following metals will produce a gas when placed in lime juice?
16. The physical property of a soil which is determined by the feel method is soil
17. The reason why gaps are left in the joints of railway lines is to allow for
18. Which of the following effects are caused by rusting?
I. Loss of strength
II. Loss of structure
III. Loss of electrical conductivity
19. Leguminous crops may often be cultivated to add
20. A place where an organism can live and interbreed successfully is called
21. Which of the following methods of treating water makes it soft?
22. Dehusking and shelling are both activities carried out in the processing of
23. Typhoid fever is transmitted through
24. One advantage of friction is that it
25. Sickle is a farm tool used for
26. One characteristic of the image formed in a pin-hole camera is that the image is
27. Transplanting of seedlings is usually done in the evening because
28. Which of the following statements about molecules is/ are correct? Molecules
I. are chemically combined group of atoms
II. are physically combined group of atoms
III. Can exist on their own
29. Fruits which are dispersed by wind are likely to be
30. Which of the following materials allows electric current to pass through easily?
31. Water contains two elements, hydrogen and oxygen, in the ratio of
32. In the digestive system of ruminants, vitamins are synthesized in the
33. The best way of protecting oneself from high blood pressure is to
34. The property of metals which makes them to be easily drawn into thin wires is known as
35. An atom of an element is represented as . How many neutrons are in the nucleus of the atom?
36. Viable seeds are ones that
37. Which of the following processes can occur at all temperatures?
38. Which of the following human activities maintains the carbon cycle?
39. The farming system which involves the growing of one type of crop on the same piece of land every season is known as
40. The presence of chlorophyll in green plants is a necessary condition for photosynthesis because it