1. The S.I. unit for measuring the work done by a force is
2. The chemical formula of a compound describes the
3. Which of the following life processes is represented by the equation Glucose + oxygen → carbon dioxide + water + energy
4. Each layer of soil profile is known as
5. When the p-n junction of a transistor is reverse biased
6. When a solid-liquid mixture is filtered, the liquid that separates out into the container is called
7. Which of the following processes involves the solid state of matter?
8. Which of the following farming systems is most effective in maintaining soil fertility?
9. The disease in humans which is associated with insufficient intake of calcium is
10. The arrow in the circuit symbol of either n-p-n or p-n-p transistor is always on the
11. Which of the following insect pests of crops has piercing and sucking mouthparts?
12. A reflex action involves the
13. The type of image formed in a plane mirror is always
14. Which of the following statements about acids are correct? I. They turn red litmus paper blue II. They can be classified as either organic or mineral acids III. They can be neutralized by bases
15. A transistor is said to operate in an active region when
16. Tuberculosis is spread
17. One function of engine oil in the engine of a tractor is to
18. Black pod is a disease of
19. The efficiency of a machine is always less than 100% because part of the energy input is used to
20. Which of the following electronic components are used to produce oscillator circuits? I. Transistor II. Inductor III. Capacitor
21. Which of the following sources of light is natural?
22. Which of the following substances are carried by the blood?
23. The practice of starting new organization in response to identified opportunities is termed
24. The sub-atomic particle with zero charge in the nucleus of an atom is called
25. Which of the following management practices greatly helps in record keeping?
26. In the pin-hole camera, when the size of the pin-hole is increased, the image formed is
27. Non-reactive metals are preferred in making ornaments and jewellery because they
28. Producers in an ecosystem are plants that
29. The use of resistant varieties of crop in controlling diseases is described as
30. The chemical formula for aluminium oxide is represented as Al x O y . The values of x and y are respectively
31. In electrical circuits, the component that protects appliances against very high currents is the
32. One benefit of technology to industrialization is
33. Which of the following factors contribute to early parenthood? I. Poverty II. Illiteracy III. Lack of parental care IV. Peer pressure
34. Which of the following examples of fertilizers improves soil texture?
35. The reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide produces
36. In modern electrical wirings the colour code for the live wire is
37. An example of soil minor nutrient is
38. The complete development of a human foetus in the womb normally takes
39. A material that allows a small amount of light energy to pass through it but cannot be seen through is referred to as
40. The leads of the transistor responsible for activation is the